Adult Routine Vaccinations
Reproduction & breeding management
Out-side lab (TVMDL, Cornell, Index, Abaxis)
Pineywoods Lab (In-house lab)
Preventative health care
Basic grooming (bath, nail trim, ear cleaning)
- Blood work and your pet Understanding Your Pet’s Diagnostic Testing Understanding your pet’s test results Blood testing can frequently detect illness in your pet before we see any outward signs of disease. Testing gives us immediate insights that we might not otherwise discover. And, treating your pet early can lead to a better outcome and possibly lower treatment costs. Pets can’t say how they’re ...
- Understanding Your Pet’s Diagnostic Testing Blood Chemistries These common blood tests allow veterinarians to assess your pet’s overall health. Blood tests are often recommended in healthy pets, in pets about to undergo anesthesia and in sick pets. Interpretation of multiple tests in conjunction with one another (profiling) allows quick and noninvasive assessment of the major organ systems of the body. Understanding your pet’s test ...
- Ward Animal Hospital’s position on online pharmacies Because of the advertisements for mail order medication pharmacies such as PetMeds. We want to clarify our position on these products. We have an online pharmacy that has competitive pricing with other online pharmacies. A very important concern is the quality of the product. All of our products are shipped directly from the manufacturer and stored appropriately. The manufacturers ...
- Heartworm Guidelines The Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) has altered guidelines after evidence of preventive-resistant Diofilaria immitis strains was presented at the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists Conference at the end of July in Chicago. Researchers have now identified heartworm isolates from the Mississippi Delta region that develop in adult dogs receiving routine monthly heartworm preventives. This means treatment ...
- How to change your pets’ food without upsetting their stomach. This is a simple chart to follow so that the new food does not upset your fur kids tummy.
- Protect your pet! Fleas and ticks– if you have wildlife or stray animals around your home then your pets should be protected. Heartworm disease– standing water around your home is a breeding ground for those pesky mosquitoes, which can cause heartworms Canine topical flea prevention Vectra 3D-Provides a 6-way protection: repels and kills fleas, ticks mosquitoes, biting lice, sand flies and ...
- Skunky Dog Does your dog like to play with skunks? Find out how to get rid of that awful smell. DO NOT USE WATER FIRST!!!
- Summer Tips Here are a few tips to keep your pet safe during the long hot dog days of summer Avoiding heatstroke Limiting and supervising time outdoors during the hottest hours of the day is also important for your pets because when it’s hot for you, it’s probably even hotter for them. Dogs aren’t as efficient at cooling down ...
- The Importance of Puppy Vaccinations Just like children, puppies require a series of vaccinations to provide immunity against common, life-threatening diseases. You may have heard about parvo or distemper previously. These viruses are common in East Texas, but preventable with proper vaccination. Parvovirus causes lethargy, severe bloody diarrhea and vomiting, dehydration, low white blood counts, and is often fatal. Distemper ...
- Top 5 Holiday Dangers for Pets Preventive Measures Can Save Pets The holidays are a festive time for us and our pets. However, due to ongoing activities and constant distractions, we can easily overlook potential dangers to our four-legged family members. Take preventive measures to protect your pets this holiday season. Being aware of these top five dangers could save you a trip ...