Because of the advertisements for mail order medication pharmacies such as PetMeds. We want to clarify our position on these products.
We have an online pharmacy that has competitive pricing with other online pharmacies.
A very important concern is the quality of the product.
All of our products are shipped directly from the manufacturer and stored appropriately.
The manufacturers do not sell products directly to online pharmacies like PetMeds. Because of this, the products are obtained through unregulated means. Some illegal foreign versions have turned up in the United States. Counterfeit and expired products are being repackaged and sold with fake lot numbers.
Most importantly, the manufacturers guarantee their products only if purchased from a licensed Veterinarian. Since no prevention provides 100% protection, this is very important. The manufacturer will pay for heartworm treatment if the pet has ben getting prevention at the recommended intervals. They will not pay for treatment of the product is not purchased from a licensed Veterinarian.
A breakdown of the benefits of ordering with an online pharmacy associated with a veterinarian.
- Products are sent directly from the manufacturer, no 3rd party involvement
- Unlike with other online pharmacies, product lot numbers are tracked automatically and quality is guaranteed by the manufacturer
- Purchases are linked to your pets record in our office
- Manufacturer rebates are applied automatically and deducted from the price
- Additional discounts (coupons) will be available through the clinic and promotional e-mails
- Free shipping (3-5 business days) is applied on all products without minimum purchase, flat rate second and next day shipping is available
- Additional discounts are applied for autoship setup (customizable free delivery schedule)
- Veterinary recommendations can be emailed to you for easy ordering and re-ordering
- A wide variety of preventative, therapeutic products and food are available for cats, dogs and horses
Our office will be happy to assist with ordering, or any questions or concerns you might have.