Winter is on its way and now is the time to start preparing for the cold months ahead.
- Don’t leave your pet outside for long periods of time.
- Towel or blow-dry a wet pet.
- Don’t leave your pet alone in a car for long periods of time. The car can hold in the cold.
- Antifreeze is poisonous to pets, although they like the smell.
- Leave your pet’s hair long for the winter months so he doesn’t get too cold. If it is a short-haired pet you should think about getting him a sweater.
- Make sure your pet has a warm place to sleep away from windows or doors and be careful with your pet around the fireplace.
- Wipe your pet’s feet and stomach before they come inside, in case they pick up any dangerous chemicals on their feet and stomach. He can ingest rock salt or antifreeze when he cleans himself off.
If you have any questions about anything during the winter months that may concern your pet feel free to call us at 936.564.4341.